Classes will include:
- Mobility, stretching and posture work
- Endurance training
- Functional activities
- Co-ordination and balance work
- Resistance training
- Longer more progressive warm up and cool down to accommodate the wide range of abilities, slower responses and medical conditions
- All stretches will be supported (using the wall, a chair etc.)
- Longer work and rest ratios e.g. 3:1
Tailoring and adjusting the programme to the needs of the individual stroke survivor is the key to achieving the core aim of improving function and improving quality of life for people who have had a stroke.
Click here (link to map) to find your nearest group.