Our Information Pack and Work After Stroke Information Packs for adults, carers and children are available to download below. We can also email or post out copies on request.
In the UK, one in four strokes happen to people under retirement age. Younger people need immediate, relevant and practical information and advice to take control of their lives, optimise their recovery, regain as much independence as possible and play a full role in their communities.
Our information packs form a practical resource to help you to carry on with life after stroke and are split into different sections - you may find that you don’t need all of the sections at first.
- Life after stroke (stroke information & prevention)
- Preventing further strokes
- Services for stroke survivors (services & organisations that may be able to help)
- Benefits (entitlements)
- How to get help from social services (entitlements & procedures)
- Charities that may be able to assist financially
- The invisible side of stroke (dealing with counselling & the emotional aspects of stroke)
- Sex after stroke
- FES (Functional Electrical Stimulation)
Work After Stroke
- Work After Stroke
- Work After Stroke – Information for family & friends
- Work After Stroke – Employer’s guide
- Work After Stroke – Information for health & social care professionals
PLEASE HELP: An information pack to help a family in need get their lives back on track costs us £5 to produce. Your donation is greatly appreciated and will help us to carry on this work.
New resource pack for families!
For children whose parents have had a stroke
This resource pack was developed with the help of children, for children, who have a parent who has had a stroke. Available in different formats to cover the whole age range from toddler to teenager, it explains to children what is happening when their mum or dad suddenly has a stroke. This can be an incredibly scary time for children and the booklets can be used as a starting point for some of those difficult conversations and to support children through the whole experience. For more information click here.