- Numbers receiving the newsletter increased by over 14%
- We opened 6 new exercise classes bringing the total around the UK to 50
- The annual conference, held in London in October, attracted 150 delegates
- The website received an average of 476 unique visits every day.
- Our lively and supportive Facebook group continued to attract new members and we gained new followers on Twitter. We have also launched a public Facebook page for our supporters.
- We produced a new booklet on Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES).
These services were provided by 6 part-time staff (working the equivalent hours of 3.2 full-time people) and around 150 volunteers around the country. Without these dedicated volunteers we wouldn't be able to provide anything like the current levels of service.
The general economic climate made the year a big financial challenge, and we do not expect the coming year to be any easier. We are confident, however, that our generous supporters will continue to enable us to provide services that younger stroke survivors need.
The full annual report and audited accounts for the financial year 1 August 2012 to 31 July 2013 is available here. Figures for 2013 to 2014 will be available shortly.